Overseas Young Physician Study/Training Grant System
The objective of this award is to support young gastroenterologists who are studying in Japan for advancing knowledge and skills in gastroenterology by establishing a grant which The Japanese Society of Gastroenterology (JSGE) offers as a part of training expenses.
2. Eligible person
Young gastroenterologists from the Asian Pacific Association of Gastroenterology（APAGE）member country/area who are currently studying at a university/hospital in Japan
- Applicants must be legally qualified to practice medicine in his/her home country
- Applicants must be 44 years of age or under at the time of application
- Applicants must have been studying at a university/hospital in Japan and the training period should be more than one year
- Applicants must possess an acceptance certificate from the university/hospital where he/she is receiving training
- Applicants must be recommended by a councilor of JSGE（One councilor can recommend only one candidate per fiscal year）
* A successful candidate is only eligible to apply for the grant once.
Applicants should fill in the form on the PC, and then print out the completed form on A4-size sheets, and the application form must be signed by hand by the applicant. Attach a letter of recommendation with the recommender’s signature and seal. Send the application form and the letter of recommendation by postal or courier service to JSGE.
* Only one applicant can apply from a laboratory or a department in the fiscal year concerned.
The secretariat of Asian-Liaison Committee
The Japanese Society of Gastroenterology
6F Shimbashi i-MARK Bldg., 2-6-2 Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0004
5. Application period
The application period opens on April 13, 2022 and the closing date for submission of application is on May 31st (postmark date also valid). * The application submitted before or after the application period will be invalid.
6. Selection process
Asian-Liaison Committee of the JSGE will examine the applications and decide the awardees.
The grant will be provided as a stipend of JPY 500,000 to no more than 10 awardees per fiscal year. The stipend will be paid to each awardee’s account and JSGE will notify the awardee, the recommender and the secretariat at the university/hospital where he/she is receiving training of the payment.
The result of examination will be notified to the applicants by the Director General of the JSGE.